- I am an independent tech writer/researcher and a professional speaker. Speaker page/clips here.
- I often write about sci-fi in the context of business or digital culture. See:
- My non-sci-fi-related writing/speaking tends to be on the following themes
- How families navigate tech with kids: See Why Parents Shouldn’t Feel Tech Shame (Atlantic) or this much longer list of stories on my site
- Technology and neurodiversity. See Personal Technology and the Autistic Child (WSJ) and What my son with autism taught me about managing people (WSJ)
- The future of data and data-driven marketing. See Shady data-gathering tactics (The Verge), Psychographics are just as important (HBR)
- Productivity and how-to, including both work-related (social media and email how-to) and fun (lots of TV how-to). See So much TV: How Do you Choose (WSJ) or my book, Work Smarter with Social Media.