10 steps to RSStocracy with Pluck
Here are the 10 simple, painless steps to becoming an RSS user with Pluck. You can look for steps to using other newsreaders here.
- Go to http://www.pluck.com.
- Click “sign up” for web edition.
- Create an account by filling in all fields.
- Check your email to activate your account; this will bring you to a page titled “Your Account is Active.”
- Click on the “pluck web edition” hyperlink, which takes you to the Pluck Web Edition sign-on page (right side of page).
- Login with the email address and password you just created.
- At the bottom of the right-hand side of the page is the headline, “Pluck web pages from your browser”. Drag the “Pluck It!” link underneath up to your browser toolbar.
- Now you’re all set to add some feeds. You have a few options:
- Choose from the “starter pack” feeds provided by Pluck.
- Navigate to some of your favourite blog or news sites (maybe working from a list of favourite bookmarks in your browser), and look for sites that note that they have XML or RSS feeds; then use the “Pluck It” link on your bookmarks bar to add those feeds to your Pluck account.
- Import my list of feeds as your starter pack:
- Open a new browser window and point it to http://www.bloglines.com/export?id=AlexandraSamuel. You’ll get a funky-looking text file; right-click, option-click or ctrl-click in that window and save the file to your computer (note where you save it).
- Now go back to your Pluck account and click “import” in the upper-right hand corner of the screen. That will take you to a page titled “Import Items to Folder”. Click on the “Browse” button towards the bottom of the page and navigate to the funky text file you just saved, then click “Import”. My subscriptions will become your subscriptions.